Thursday 30 August 2012

Hanging out at the Clothesline Show

One of the greatest days of this summer was being a part of Coast Collective's "Clothesline" Show held on the eleven acres surrounding the Pendray House, where over 155 artists display year round  a wonderful, top quality, eclectic array of art. 



Overlooking the Esquimault Lagoon, which overlooks the Juan de Fuca Strait, I cannot imagine a better setting for an artist to show their work. Perfect weather, beautiful surroundings, soothing music, great people... and a wonderful selection of art... not to mention great food!

Art lined the avenue leaving up to the house. Hung on clothesline, laid out on tables, leaning against trees, laying on the ground...


People meandered through the displays, pausing to admire the work, chat to the artists and buying that special piece that caught their eye...


I delighted in having my work displayed outdoors, in a more natural environment that is usually is...


 And of course, my Wild Things! were having the best time of all...


 And this is my life?
I have to pinch myself on a daily basis to make sure that I am not dreaming...

But tough as it is...
I'm hanging in there...

No comments: