Wednesday 15 June 2011

A brand new art studio space...

In case you haven't read the previous post "Re-arrangers Remorse" http://byshena.blogspot.com/2011/06/re-arrangers-remorse.html  not more than a week ago I was bemoaning the fact that my upstairs loft studio was simply not working for me anymore right now. Too crammed, claustrophobic, not the right storage or proper light were just some of the problems I felt I was encountering. I asked my partner, Tony, what he thought. Why don't you get rid of the living area and create a space to work there instead? was his solution. So we got rid of everything and started afresh. Here's how it looks so far...

A shelving unit that has seen many incarnations serves to hold a selection of art supplies, sketchbooks, art books and works in progress...


Tony gave me a rusted old Singer Treadle machine stand (that still works!) for the base of my table, and a piece of curved square glass as the top... I absolutely love it!



I'm still looking for a little trolley to put all my pens and paints on but for now they are all at hand at the back of the table, with plenty of room left to work...


Here's the new work space ~ my office/computer/writing space to the left and the art/illustration/visual journalling space to the right. The stairs lead up to the upstairs studio loft...


Now I can move effortless back and forth between my kitchen area, my computer, my writing, my dining area, my painting and where I see my clients.

I couldn't be happier...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY AWESOME.

Jacquerose said...

Very, very lovely and creative space!

cookievf said...

Ooooh, shena! Love your creative space ~ beautiful. Great light!!
- vicki xo

Tee McNeil Art said...

love love love your new space~